Monday, March 12, 2012

# 15: "Lazy Days" {March 2012}


So, I had another stash of charms....And obviously I needed to do MORE in my world! So I found a delightful pattern online called The Bookworm but P2 quilting. It was too easy and fit these blocks to a T! This quilt was one of those, "Oh hey! I've got more charms I can do something with!" quilts. I loved the summery colors of the Central Park pack, and I happened across the Bookworm photos from Patchwork Squared, and even though my charms were smaller, I think the end results were way cool! I happened to be listening to "The Hunger Games" while I was creating the patchwork and decided to do a random drawing (just like the book) for each of the squares. I guess that kind of makes me like Effie?

Size: 34" x 40"
Design: "Bookworm" by Patchwork Squared.
Method: Machine pieced and quilted quilt
Fabric: "Central Park" by Kate Spain for Moda Fabrics charm pack.
Backing: Dark chocolate background with white sprigs of Queen Ann's lace.
Binding: Grey/brown circle on circle pattern
Batting: Warm and Natural 100% cotton

No comments:

Post a Comment