Friday, August 22, 2014

#50 "Tulsa Rose" {August 2104}


Size: 57" w x 72" h
Pattern: "Tulsa Town" by Villa Rosa Designs 
Fabrics: Timeless Treasures Fabrics: Tonga Treats "Mocha Kiss"
Thread: Aurifil Quilt Patchwork and Embroidery Thread - Cream (2021) 50wt

This was a store sample made up for Main Street Quilting Company in Bozeman, Montana. Gwen was needing someone to come in and make samples of various patterns and this was one of her sort of cut out already-not everything though bags.  Tonga Treats "Mocha Kiss" is just divine to work with as usual, and in conjunction with the Auriful threads, it makes any quilt a dream to work with.  The pattern is fun to work with as well, but you do have to be on your toes and make sure you are following the flow of the pattern or you are going to be all sorts of messed up! (As I did twice with the dark rose background.) It only took me one evening to get this cut up and pieced even with the WTH moments I was having.  I would love ot get my hands on the pattern for my own and make a few more of these!
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment