Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Home is Where the Heart Is Part II

Kentucky LOVES the patchwork states! I had 3 in a row and then Tennessee jumped in on the action! As I stated on the first round, I'd seen these before in various shops around the area, and a few online so I didn't feel as if I was pilfering someone's pattern, and being married to the Map Guy, I'm pretty sure I had access to the state boundary maps. So after a quick discussion with the Map Guy, I had a great print up of the states, access to a few mini charm packs, and my ever so reliable Heat and Bond it was game on. So this is what I came up with!

First up, a pink patchwork of Kentucky. My Pink Kentucky Home is a 12”x18" using Surrounded By Love By Deb Strain For Moda Fabrics
Next up was a bright Kentucky. April Showers Bring Kentucky Flowers is 12" x 24" using April Showers by Bonnie and Camille for Moda Fabrics.
The last Kentucky order was a fun one for a bridal shower.  The bride from Kentucky, the groom from England! I connected the big heart in the middle using rick rack from the smaller hearts where the bride and room currently live.  Vintage Romance is 16" x 24" and uses Vintage Verona from Riley Blake By Emily Thomson Designs.
Last but NOT least I got to switch states! Yeah! I added a Tennessee to my list!



No comments:

Post a Comment