Sunday, June 29, 2014

#48 "Just Keep Swimming" {June 2104}


Size: 33" w x 36" h
Pattern: Self made design.  Paper piecing of triangular fish, off set flying geese for plants, and a simple nine patch of "rocks."
Fabrics:

  • Millie’s Garden collection designed by Joined at the Hip for Clothworks
  • Blueprint Basics Fabric "Iron" By Valori Wells for Robert Kaufman
  • This 'N That "Aurora Silver" By Nancy Halvorsen For Benartex
  • Textures "Cobblestones Grey" by Anglea Walters For Art Gallery Fabrics
  • Matrix "Cadet Blue" from Quilting Treasures
  • Matrix "Ice Blue" from Quilting Treasures

Thread: Aurifil Quilt Patchwork and Embroidery Thread - Bright White (2024) 50wt
Backing: Simply Color "Graphite Grey" Ikat Diamonds by V & Co for Moda
Batting: Warm and Natural
Binding:  Desired Things by Robyn Pandolph for RJR Fabrics

This sweet baby quilt originally started out years ago for myself when I thought we were going ot start a family.  As time went by and the decision was made that we weren't going to go that route this time around, I decided the top needed to go to a family that loved the outdoors and fishies as much as I did.  I was commissioned by a friend to make a baby quilt for a friend of theirs who happen to be fly fishing tour guides here in Bozeman, Montana, and I could think of a better home for my "Just Keep Swimming."  So, to little River, whom this quilt is going to, I wish for you many wonderful adventurers! 

2 comments:

  1. This is such a wonderful pattern, I love it! I just jumped over here from the Aurifil FB page, awesome that they posted about your piece :)
    ~Brandy
    pamperedpettit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Brandy! THis was one of those UFO's that I didn't think I'd ever get to finish and I'm *so very glad* it's going to this family!

      Delete