Tuesday, January 7, 2014

A Little of This...A Lot of Sewing

158 orders. 27 Days. 5 International orders. All shipped out before Christmas. 150 were chevron fabrics, the rest were either damask, or florals. As of 21 December my brain turned to a yummy blob of tapioca. That was hands down the most intense 27 days of my life. It was both exhilarating and demanding, and now I know how to plan for the holiday season in 2014! Game on!



About 6 hours before we left to see family in Seattle for the holidays, and I had *just* wrapped up and mailed off the very last envelope, I decided that *I* needed my own camera strap for my Nikon.
So I splurged.
I cut into my Bobbins and Bits by Pat Sloan for Moda Fabrics layered cake and make one fore me. Can I just say, these straps are pretty darn comfy and I'm not to bad at making them? (grin) I kinda rock at this!



At the same time as this I also started working on several clients quilts, which I'm happy to say are finally getting started on this week! I have a great pattern by Cluck Cluck Sew called "Pow-Wow" that has just been a hoot to play with and I'm working on my second attempt into finishing up a Moda Bakeshop's pattern called "Simply Woven" for some very, very patient clients. I've also been working on 3 quilts for the Patchwork for Paws quilt group and hope to get a few images up of these here shortly, but here's my bragging tid bit.



So, even though I managed to get myself into some sort of WTH moments with client quilts, I took the night off to go play with the newest Canoe Ridge Creations Fresh Mini Quilt Club BOM and got one more knocked out, just for me. It's proudly hanging in the bedroom waiting to be quilted. Someday. I'm going to call it "January's Northern Lights."


However, today belongs to more sewing and an afternoon with Boys. I can't begin to tell you all how much these two animals have made a difference in both Warrior Husband's and my life. Each with their very own different personality, each with their little qwerks, and each very much wanting nothing more in return than love and affection, which the receive in spades. If it had not been for so many of the right things to happen at the right time, well, I don't want to think about that part.  Needless to say, the Boys have made a huge difference.



Cold and snowy tonight.  2 dog/1 Kat kinda sleeping weather. Love it.


No comments:

Post a Comment