Tuesday, May 27, 2014

#47 "Prism" {May 2104}


"Prism"
Size: 48" w x 48" h
Fabrics:

Thread: Aurifil Quilt Patchwork and Embroidery Thread - White (2024) 50wt

I made this quilt for my amazing quilter friend, Karie Jewell from Two Kwik Quilters who, despite what life has thrown her, still has a smile on her face and a song in her heart.  She is the true essence of a prism and refracts her beautiful light to all of us.  


This quilt is the last one that I make of V and Co’s "Ombre Flying Dutchman.” As much as I LOVE her patterns, a girl can only make the same one a few times without going bat-crap crazy and needing something new!  I LOVE the fact that Karie let me play with the blocks so I could pick a whole bunch of colors. I had a grand time playing with all the different ombre’s too, what a great tool for shading and movement!

No comments:

Post a Comment