Monday, May 19, 2014

#46 "Do or Do Not, There is No Try." {May 2104}


"Do or Do Not, There is No Try."
Size: 42" w x 62" h
Pattern: "Amazing Jelly Roll Quilt" by 3 Dudes
Fabrics:
Island Batiks "Courage"
Thread: Aurifil Quilt Patchwork and Embroidery Thread - Cream (2021) 50wt
Backing: Kona Solids - Chocolate
Batting: Warm and Natural
Binding: Kona Solids - Chocolate


This quilt started out as something totally different.  And then I had a headache.
I have to admit I fought like crazy with this design; I just could not for the life of me figure out what this fabric wanted me to do with it.  I knew it was going to a young gentleman who is graduating high school in a few days, and then on to college and then on to the Marines. I din't want something uber feminine but it also needed to be fun and funky.  Hence the move to the 3 Dudes design (which, FTW, easy, fun, great pattern to play with). I put it away, I pulled it out, I put it away, you get the picture. Finally I just said I needed to try to force this, hence the title.  
I sure hope this brings Matthew lots of comfort and a bit of home as he heads off to his new adventures!





No comments:

Post a Comment